Monday, April 30, 2012

Dear Meat,


Tonight I rediscovered some writing I did a few years back.  I've decided to share it with you bite by bite.  Bon Appetit!

Dear Meat,

            I have given up meat for Lent and in the spirit of pausing, focusing, making change, and taking action I have decided to pick up the habit of writing with discipline (I have a wooden ruler next to me and I will use it).  This is day three of one and day one of the other.  I have to think it out, be the detective, and crack the case of why I eat meat.  This isn’t a permanent cease fire.  In the spirit of open-mindedness I am taking this meatless adventure as it comes.  Who knew lent could be such a county fair of surprises and tiny thrills!  I’m not making any judgments on the carnivores or herbivores.  I’m being here, right now and right now I am putting off what needs to be done.  I need to say goodbye to meat. 


No comments:

Post a Comment